I’ve got a DIY Birthday card you’ll love to make. We’re talking Whiskey business my friends. Ha! Don’t you love the name of the stamp set? Plus, with today’s card we’re also talking about my favorite way to color images—using the Stampin’ Blends. This is a great masculine birthday card too.
My absolute favorite way to color stamped images on birthday cards is using Stampin’ Blends. These are alcohol markers and anyone can achieve awesome results when you practice and learn to layer the colors. Do you struggle getting the look you like with them? Stick with me and you’ll be a card making colorer in no time!
The ‘trick’ to today’s birthday card in getting the depth, light, & texture you want is learning to layer your colors. When done right you’ll achieve awesome results. Plus, I know you all love when I share masculine DIY card ideas–so here you go!
When I first started coloring these Whiskey glasses on this DIY Birthday card I struggled with the colors a bit. I tried all different color combinations until I liked the results. These are what I ended up using:
- Cinnamon Cider
- Mango Melody
- Balmy Blue
- Color Lifter
Make sure to watch the video to see how I used each color to achieve these results.
DIY Birthday Card +Tips for Coloring With Stampin’ Blends
If you’d like to learn a few tips and see how I colored these images, check out my video tutorial! If you love homemade birthday card ideas and you need some masculine card ideas too then this might just be what you’re looking for. The techniques can be used with many stamp sets though.
A Few Important Tips
- When coloring with Stampin’ Blends, make sure to stamp your ink in Memento Ink so it doesn’t bleed
- Best card stock to use is either Whisper White or Whisper White Thick
- Put the caps on tightly when done coloring with the Blends
- Don’t be afraid to just play. Stamp several images and color away until you get the look you like
DIY Birthday Card: Details on Card Featured in Video
DIY Birthday Card Recipe:
- Early Espresso: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Gray Granite: 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
- In Good Taste Designer Series Paper: 5″ x 3 3/4″ and 1″ x 3 3/4″
- Whisper White scraps
- Inside: Whisper White: 5″ x 3 3/4″
DIY Birthday Card Supply List:
I have a fun new way to share with you the complete list of supplies that I used on my cards. Just CLICK HERE, or the image below to see all the main supplies that I used. And then, if you want to add any of them to your shopping cart, it’s super easy to do so!
Don’t forget about my FREQUENT SHOPPER REWARDS where you can earn FREE STAMPS.
I hope you enjoyed my project today and learned a few tips for coloring with Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers.
As always, if you have any questions or if I can help you in any way–please reach out to me. I love helping others learn how to make quick and easy cards!
Want to See the New Mini Catalog?
Brand New Stampin’ Up! Online Ordering Store
As of today, the Online Shopping Stampin’ Up! store has gone a huge renocat
A couple of VERY IMPORTANT things….
- When you begin to place your order, make sure it says you are shopping with JACKIE BOLHUIS at the top
- When you sign into your previously created account, it will recognize your information, BUT, if your password was set to automatically fill in by your computer, that will probably not work and you will have to enter it (just this first time)
- Can’t remember your password? No problem, just click on the RESET PASSWORD
- You should immediately receive an email with the link and instructions to reset it
- If you don’t receive the email–check your SPAM
- If you still did not get it, call Stampin’ Up! at 800-782-6787
- If it’s your first time shopping, you will have the option to check out as a GUEST or CREATE AN ACCOUNT. Please create an account so that I who you are as you shop with me. If you don’t create an account, I won’t know who you are and…
- I won’t be able to properly thank you for your order
- I won’t be able to help you track or check on your order
- You won’t earn FREQUENT SHOPPER POINTS towards FREE STAMPS as a thank you for shopping with me
and most importantly, I am here to help you. If you have any struggles with the new store, make sure to either contact me, or call Stampin’ Up! directly at 800-782-6787.
Looking or more information? Make sure to check out everything below…
- Current Specials
- Tutorials for Sale
- Shop Stampin’ Up!
- Request a Stampin’ Up! Catalog
- Earn FREE Stamps with Frequent Shopper Rewards
- Like Videos? Check out my YouTube Channel
- Follow me on Facebook