Let’s make a simple watercolor card that’s cheerful and quick! This easy, new watercoloring technique will dramatically change the look of the stamped images on your card.
I just love these tulip stamps and combining it with this watercolor technique really gives a wow factor! You are going to want to grab your Timeless Tulip stamp set and an AquaPainter and give this a try!!!
It is absolutely stunning how much a little bit of water can change the look of a stamped image. Give this short video a watch and see what I did with my AquaPainter.
Simple Watercolor Card | Video Tutorial
I’m telling ya…you NEED these water color card ideas! These are some of the most beautiful greetings you’ll make with such a simple watercolor card technique!
Once I starting playing with the AquaPainter and my stamped images, I just could not stop. I think my watercolor artist friend would be quite proud of me. Just look at the difference. The tulip on the left is just stamped, the ones on the right were stamped with the exact same ink and just gone over with an AquaPainter. Easy Peasy! You just have to give it a try.
I only used 2 inks–Melon Mambo and Old Olive. Oh, and of course Black. If you follow me, you know that most of the time I like my greetings in black so that they really pop.
- Old Olive: 11″ x 4 1/4″
- Old Olive Designer Series Paper: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Watercolor Paper: 3″ x 4 1/2″
- Basic Black: 3 1/8″ x 4 5/8″
Products I Used:
Here are the main products that I used on today’s project. If you’d like to place an order, just click any of the little pictures to go to the online store. But, before placing your order, make sure you check out my Timeless Tulips Online Stamping Class. It’s still FREE with a $50 order when you use the online class code! Keep scrolling for the details:
Join Us For a Fun Online Retreat!
Something new, unique and it’s going to be amazing…….
Timeless Tulips Online Class/Tutorial
Speaking of tulips, today is the last day to get my Timeless Tulips online class for FREE. If you like tulips, this is the tutorial for you. 12 completely different layout and card ideas that you will have a blast making.
2 Ways to Take this Online Class:
Free With Purchase
- Receive this online class FREE when you place a minimum $50 order in my online store, between April 1-10, 2020, using the Online Class Host Code: 62EXNRSU
- Build your order around the supplies you need (scroll down to see what you all need to complete the projects)
- If your order is over $150, DO NOT USE THE HOST CODE so that you can also get Stampin’ Rewards from Stampin’ Up! BUT, YOU MUST EMAIL ME after ordering to let me know your order is for the Online Class
- You will receive an email that will contain the PDF Tutorial Link no later than April 15th. Make sure to download the tutorial and save to your computer and/or print it out
- Special Note: When you use the Online Class Code to receive the FREE class, the order does not qualify for reward points
- Special Note #2: If your order is OVER $150, DO NOT use the Online Class Code, but email me right after placing your order to let me know you want the class
For the complete list of supplies I used to make the 12 cards, CLICK HERE.
Don’t forget to use the Online Class Host Code!
Purchase the Class Tutorial
- If you already have the products you need, you can purchase just the Online Class Tutorial for just $20
- This option is available world-wide and is perfect for Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators
- Click below to visit my brand new tutorial store to purchase this tutorial, or any others that I currently have available
FREE Class with $50 order between April 1-10, 2020 with HOST CODE: 62EXNRSU
CLICK HERE for details about the Timeless Tulips Online Stamping Class