Hello friends! It’s Jesi here, Jackie’s daughter, taking over the blog today! I made Stampin’ Up!’s newest crafting kit, Rustic Christmas Countdown Kit, and I am so excited to share with you some fun ideas on how to fill this advent calendar. This paper crafting kit will add holiday spirit to the home and daily fun as you countdown to Christmas. I have ideas on how to make this countdown fun for everyone!
The Rustic Christmas Countdown Kit comes with all the supplies to make 25 countdown envelopes. There is no stamping involved with this craft kit, it comes with all precut pieces and adhesive to assemble it all. Along with wooden clothespins to attach the envelopes to twine, you can hang this advent calendar along a fireplace mantel, on your tree, or anywhere in the home!
In my household, it’s just me and my husband. So I’m actually going to stuff this advent calendar for him! The plan is to have a mix of candies and date night cards. I’ll match the cards to the weekends to add in fun activities like going out for a drink, going golfing, or for a hike. For weeknights, I’ll add in smaller activities like game night, a puzzle, or a trip to get some ice cream. And then to fill in the other days, and to not overwhelm ourselves with an activity every day, little candy treats for him!
If your family is bigger than mine, you can follow my ideas and adapt them to your family’s interests! The envelopes in this craft kit are kind of small… but that’s where our creativity comes into play. Don’t let yourself feel limited by the size. If you have a fun idea but it won’t fit, just slide in a little note! Or, you don’t even need to fill this countdown with activities and treats, write notes of encouragement for your loved ones to read. There is no limit to our creative minds and this paper crafting kit!
Ideas To Fill This Paper Advent Calendar
Join me as I share 17 different ideas on how to fill these envelopes for holiday fun for everyone!
Advent Calendar Idea Details
Here’s a breakdown of the ideas I shared in the paper advent calendar video, along with a few more ideas! I hope these help inspire you to create your own advent calendar this year! Small candy is the perfect way to fill in the days of this countdown calendar, especially since you can repeat candy as much as needed. Because who doesn’t love to be surprised with a small treat?! And if you have something that doesn’t fit… just add a note for it!
- Tootsie Rolls
- Small suckers
- Mini candy bars (Snickers, Kit Kat, Twix, Etc.)
- Werther’s Orginal Hard Candies
- Chocolate bar (with a note for S’more’s night – either make by fire or in the oven)
- Soda/Pop tabs (for a trip to the brewery or to grab a drink somewhere)
- Golf tees (either to go to the driving range or to play a round)
- Small craft (wooden ornament to color)
- Markers or crayons (with a coloring book)
- Hair scrunchies or barrettes
- Earrings, bracelet, necklace
- Stickers (Fun ones for kids to have or for someone to add to their water bottles)
- Sprinkles (put in a baggie with a note for cookie decorating)
- Game night (cards, dice, board game pieces)
- Puzzle pieces
- Lego pieces
- Gift card (to eat at a restaurant, buy new makeup, buy a new video game, etc.)
- Notes for outings (ice cream, dinner out, hiking, playground, trampoline park)
- Notes for Christmas activities (caroling, popcorn garland, gingerbread house, movie night, drive to look at lights)
- Don’t forget the pets… dog/cat treats!
Have other ideas on how to fill this advent calendar? Share with us in the comments and help inspire others!
Don’t Forget to Make Your Christmas Cards!
Card Kits are the quickest and easiest way to make your own holiday cards this year! Check out these cards made with the Christmas Everywhere Kit… such a fun and cheerful way to send your loved ones warm wishes!
The coolest part about this card kit, it also comes with a sheet of palm trees and cacti! So if you celebrate Christmas in warm weather, you can personalize these cards to match.
This kit comes with all the supplies to make 3 cards each of these 3 designs, so 9 cards total. Along with a super cute and simple stamp set, a Stampin’ Spot (ink pad), precut pieces, printed envelopes and adhesive. Everything you need in one small box ready to craft!
Keep your holiday stress free this year and use a card kit!
Thank you so much for visiting my website today! I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy card making project. I would love to answer any of your questions, please reach out to me through e-mail! If you would like to place a Stampin’ Up! order, I would be thrilled if you selected me to be your demonstrator.
If you liked this post/project, make sure to check out these things……
- Current Specials – CLICK HERE
- Have a big WISH LIST? Shop at a discount! – CLICK HERE
- Need a Stampin’ Up! Catalog? CLICK HERE
- Like step-by-step card making tutorials? CLICK HERE
- Weekly Card Making Tutorials via Email – CLICK HERE
- Want more projects ideas? CLICK HERE
Want more card making inspiration? Follow me on all my social channels. Just click the icons below to go to MY Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, or YouTube. Then, if you’d like to share this post to YOUR social channel, or PIN to YOUR Pinterest, click on 2nd set of icons.