There is one stamp set in the catalog that is the BEST “GET WELL” set I have seen in a long time! It’s an absolutely gorgeous rose! So today I want to share an easy Get Well card idea.
Quite often I am asked for “get well” card design ideas and honestly, I too struggle with ideas. Most often I simply end up making a “thinking of you” card, which is also appropriate but now that there’s this Healing Hugs stamp set it makes these easy.
This stamp is part of the new DISTINKTIVE line of stamps. That means they are very very detailed and realistic looking. I love the look they give you, however, there are a few tips I want to share to help you get a good stamped image.
Distinktive Stamp Tips
If you are reading this in your email, the video might now show up, so just click below to go to YouTube and watch it. While there, make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss any of my videos!
Easy Get Well Card Idea
Let’s take a closer look at this easy get well card in the video.
- Soft Sea Foam: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score & fold at 4 1/4″
- Soft Sea Foam: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Whisper White Scraps
- Linen Thread
- Scroll down to the bottom for a complete list of everything I used
Here are the colors I used. I love the Merry Merlot & Shade Spruce together and the Soft Sea Foam is one of my new favorites for card bases!
- The Soft Sea Foam layer is embossed using the Tufted embossing folder
- Stamp the greeting on a scrap of Whisper White & cut out with an oval framelit
- Rose and 2 leaves are stamped on scrap of Whisper White and cut out with a scissor–sorry, no framelits for this one but they are super easy to cut out
I always like to add a layer of Whisper White to the insides of all my cards if the card base is not white.
What do you think?
I love to hear from my readers. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this easy get well card.
Stamps-in-the-Mail Sneak Peak
I know it’s still September, but I thought I would give you a sneak peak of the October Stamps-in-the-Mail. All the details will be posted on October 5th, but here is a look at the cards we will be making in the FREE card kit you can get when you participate. Stay tuned….. I also have a surprise for you for October’s SITM!
If you have BONUS DAY coupons you have until Sunday night to redeem them. Don’t let them go to waste!!!
As always, if you have any questions or if I can help you in any way–just ask. I am a full time Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and my passion is truly helping you to learn to make quick and easy cards!!!
If you enjoyed today’s post, make sure to check out everything else I have to offer!
- Earn FREE PRODUCTS with my Stamping Rewards – CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER & get FREE PDF Tutorial & exclusive offers – CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my blog (get all posts in your email!) – CLICK HERE
- Tutorials For Sale – CLICK HERE
- Request Your 2018-2019 Annual Catalog or Holiday Catalog – CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my YouTube
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Follow me on Facebook
Today’s Supply List
Here is the complete list of supplies I used to make today’s card. If you’d like to make them, just click on any of the pictures to go to my online store to place your order for the products you need. Don’t forget to use my REWARDS CODE when you order so you can earn free products from me!!!!