It’s time for another introduction of a DSP. This one is unique, and to be honest, it was NOT on my wish list!! But, I participated in my own paper share so I got (6) 6 x 6 pieces of it. As I have been working through featuring all the different papers, this one was next up…and I have to admit–I really REALLY had fun playing with it. How can you NOT smile when you look at the cute little animals, dinos, and more. It was the perfect paper to make a set of quick and easy birthday cards. Now I have a stash ready to use!
Before we take a closer look at todays paper, just want to remind you of the papers I have already featured. If you missed any of these, just click on the pictures below to go to the post with all the details.
Like my other cards in this series of posts, let the DSP do the work. Just add some words and some ribbon–and BAM–QUICK & EASY CARDS! And don’t forget the inside!
The “Happy Birthday” and the inside verse came from the stamp set called SPECIAL CELEBRATIONS. This is a great greeting set with both OUTSIDE and INSIDE words! Perfect to combine with Designer Series Paper when you are focusing on the paper!
I used 2 different layouts for the cards I made, so I think I am going to share the details on 3 of them today, and then the other 3 tomorrow.
- Each card uses a 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ card base (Crushed Curry, Emerald Envy, Whisper White
- DSP for front: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP for inside: 1 1/2″ x 5 1/54″
- Coordinating Ribbons (see supplies below for the ones I used)
- Whisper White: 5 1/4″ x 4″ (inside)
- Scraps: Whisper White, Basic Black, Emerald Envy Crushed Curry, Flirty Flamingo
- Take 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of DSP and cut a 1″ strip from it–flip it over. Adhere both pieces to card front
- Tie ribbon around
- Stamp “Happy Birthday” on scrap of Whisper White and cut out using Layering Ovals Framelits
- Cut a coordinating colored scalloped oval
- Cut a coordinating colored larger oval
- Adhere 3 ovals together and attach to card using dimensionals
- Adhere DSP to inside and stamp greeting in Basic Black
- BAM–DONE–QUICK & EASY BIRTHDAY CARD. You could make a whole bunch of these and have them already ready to send out!
Make sure to come back tomorrow to see the details for the other 3 cards!
One thing I always struggle with is remembering (or matching) what colors coordinate with each of the papers. Here is a chart that I created that you can download and print–CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW TO DOWNLOAD. I have mine in a sheet protector and keep on my stamping desk.
Here are the products used on today’s cards. If you’d like to make these cards, simply click on any picture below to go to my online store. I would be honored to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator!
Make the most of July…..IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- FREE GRAB BAG with a $50 purchase in July–just use Host Code: 9AXWDUR3
- CHRISTMAS IN JULY–get $197 worth of products for just $99 CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
- Brand new 2017-2018 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. If you don’t have one yet, CLICK HERE to request one.
- Bonus Days Coupons–$5 for every $50 spent in July
As always, if you have any questions, or if I can help you with anything, please let me know. If you are looking for a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I would be honored to be that person. I would love to send you a catalog, help you decide what you need, or teach you what you’d like to know.