I have another fun Designer Series Paper to share with you today. It’s called NATURALLY ECLECTIC. And yes, it’s quite eclectic! But, the one thing I really want to teach you, is don’t put yourself in a box and only look at the papers that coordinate with certain stamp sets. I know I tend to do that. I pick a stamp set and then, if it has coordinating paper I limited myself to just using that paper with that set. DON’T DO THAT….and this is a perfect example.
This paper is fun, bold, bright, and yes, a bit eclectic. But when you take pieces of it and make it the focal point of your card, just add a greeting–BAM, you have so quick, easy and gorgeous cards!
Before we begin, did you miss the other episodes where I showed fun quick and easy projects focusing on the different Designer Series Papers? If so, just click on the pictures below to go to the posts:
Back to today’s paper. I was looking for some greetings to add to it, and chose SO MANY SHELLS (pg 38 of the catalog) Now here again, This might not be a set you really looked at, so open up your catalog and take a peak–it has some amazing greeting stamps in it. I know it’s going to be a “go to” greeting set for me.
Don’t forget the inside!
This paper has a ton of different colors in it! Makes it so easy to work with because so many coordinate!
See what I mean about the greetings in this stamp set……the are beautifully written!
And here is the third one that I made:
- Each card uses a 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ card base (Soft Sky, Lemon Lime Twist, Night of Navy)
- DSP: 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Coordinating Colored Cardstock: 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″ (Peekaboo Peach, Berry Burst, Night of Navy)
- Whisper White: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (for inside)
- Scraps for circles: Whisper White, Berry Burst, Night of Navy
- Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon–OMG, 1st time using this–IT’S WONDERFUL. Very thin and easy to tie a bow with! My new FV RIBBON
One thing I always struggle with is remembering (or matching) what colors coordinate with each of the papers. Here is a chart that I created that you can download and print–CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW TO DOWNLOAD. I have mine in a sheet protector and keep on my stamping desk.
Here are the products used on today’s cards. If you’d like to make these cards, simply click on any picture below to go to my online store. I would be honored to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator!
Make the most of July…..IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- FREE GRAB BAG with a $50 purchase in July–just use Host Code: 9AXWDUR3
- CHRISTMAS IN JULY–get $197 worth of products for just $99 CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
- Brand new 2017-2018 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. If you don’t have one yet, CLICK HERE to request one.
- Bonus Days Coupons–$5 for every $50 spent in July
As always, if you have any questions, or if I can help you with anything, please let me know. If you are looking for a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I would be honored to be that person. I would love to send you a catalog, help you decide what you need, or teach you what you’d like to know.