Once I started playing with this new bundle…I just could not stop!!!! It was so addicting to make all different lemons, limes, oranges, and even a grapefruit! But there were a few things that I figured out as I was playing that gave my fruit more life–more texture and dimension, so I thought it would make a great Thursday Techniques & Tips Video. Sorry, it got a little long, but there were just so many tips I wanted to share!
Here is the card featured in the video
In the video I show how I:
- Used the LEMON BUILDER PUNCH to line up the different images without wasting a lot of cardstock
- Stamped the lemon slices to get the peeling darker
- Added “shimmer” to the lemon slices
- Added the texture to the lemon peel
- Tied & adhered the bow
- Used the Dynamic Textured Impressions Folder
- and more…
Here is the inside of the card:
- Daffodil Delight Card Base: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Basic Black: 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
- Lemon Lime Twist: 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Inside: 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Daffodil Delight & Whisper White Scraps
The video is filled with tips for making this card, so make sure to watch it all….
Also–as with most of my cards, my cardstock has layers cut using 1/8th’s. Does this drive you crazy? Last weeks video had all kinds of paper cutting tips and how easy it is to cut using 1/8th’s–so thought I would add to this post in case you missed it:
Here are a couple of close-up pictures to show the shimmer on the slices and the texture on the peel:
June is a Fabulous Month…..IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- Now accepting new members into the STAMPS-IN-THE-MAIL CLUB that begins July 1st. CLICK HERE FOR ALL DETAILS
- Brand new 2017-2018 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. If you don’t have one yet, CLICK HERE to request one.
- EXTRA $35 in Stampin’ Rewards with $350 order.
- BEST Way To Buy Products: Purchase the $99 Starter Kit and pick out $125 in products + FREE Shipping (contact me for details)
- 15 FREE TUTORIALS when you place an order this month and use this HOST CODE: NU6PWNSP
As always, if you have any questions, or if I can help you with anything, please let me know. If you are looking for a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I would be honored to be that person. I would love to send you a catalog, help you decide what you need, or teach you what you’d like to know.