Today I am sharing a card with a stamp set I really did not like–until I played with. I actually borrowed from a friend to see if I liked it–and yep, it’s now on order! (story of my life!) I think I was just not liking the colors and papers used in the catalog. It was way too busy for me! But the images intrigued me. This set really has lots of great possibilities if you can get past what you see in the catalog. So, here is my Cake Soiree Card #1:
What do you think? Totally not at all what this set looks like in the catalog!
Color Combination for Cake Soiree Card #1
Card Recipe for Cake Soiree Card #1
- Very Vanilla Card Base: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″
- Wood Textures DSP: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Pumpkin Pie: 3 1/8″ x 4 3/8″
- Very Vanilla: 3″ x 4 1/4″
- Scraps: Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz, Wood Textures DSP
Inside of Cake Soiree Card #1
I used a stamp from the BETTER TOGETHER stamp set.
Cake Soiree Video from Stampin’ Up!
Here is a short video from Stampin’ Up! showing this bundle and all the products that go with it.
If you are reading this in your email, the video may not show up, so just below click below to go to my website where you can view it.
A Few Tips
- Stamp the “solid” cake first in Crushed Curry and then the detail stamp on top in Pumpkin Pie–cut out with framelit
- Adhere the DSP for the cake plate to a scrap of cardstock to make it a little sturdier, then cut out pieces with framelits
- NOTE ON FRAMELIT: The cake plate actually has the “fine details” as part of it, I just trimmed those off with a scissors to just have the round plate
- Stamp & cut out the flower and leaves
- Cut out the “branches” from Pear Pizzazz
- Lots of dimensionals! They are under the cake/plate and the flowers
- For the bow–tie a bow in a piece of ribbon and then wrap the ends around the cardstock as shown and adhere them to the back
What Do You Think?
I love to hear from you–leave me a comment and let me know what you think or ask me any questions!
Do you want to make this card?
Here are the supplies you will need to make today’s card. Click on any picture below or the SHOP NOW button to place your order.
Are you looking to purchase Stampin’ Up! products? I would be honored and would truly appreciate you selecting me to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and place your order through me. When you do, you will become a VIP STAMPER with me. My VIPs enjoy lots of monthly tutorials for projects shared ONLY with them, monthly specials/discounts, and are the first to get all new catalogs. I have been a full-time demonstrator for over 23 years and am here to help you with all your stamping needs.
Other Stamping Fun Happening Now
Get a Free Bonus Card Kit when you purchase the Perennial Birthday Kit and Stamp Set from me in February. To receive the FREE Bonus Card Kit, You MUST use this HOST CODE: BK2VH3SK (CLICK PICTURE BELOW for all the details)
Do you like learning new ideas, new techniques, new creative cuts & folds? Check out the online classes I currently have available. Each class centers around one stamp set, ensuring that you create many different ideas with your stamps when you purchase them. New class released the 1st of each month that is available free with a purchase for a limited time (these also include a free card kit to make the projects!) Many past classes still available as a tutorial & video option. Click below to see all classes currently available.
Is your Stampin’ Up! wish list over $100??? If so, be a smart shopper and join Stampin’ Up! You will get up to $227 worth of products that YOU pick out for just $99 (plus free shipping) After that, enjoy a 20-25% discount on all purchases. There is absolutely no obligation and no commitment to do anything! Click below for more information, or contact me if you’d like to chat about it! I promise–no pressure! I just want everyone to get the best deal possible on all their Stampin’ Up! products!
If you don’t already have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator that you order from, I would love to send you any of the current catalogs that you need. Simply click below to request them!