Welcome back for episode #3 of Meet the DSPs! Today we are talking a look at WHOLE LOT OF LOVELY DESIGNER SERIES PAPER (DSP) “Lovely” is the perfect word to describe this paper and I have a fun layout for you to use to make quick & easy cards with the DSP being the focus. Simply add some stamped greetings!
DON’T FORGET–DO NOT HOARD YOUR PAPERS!!! PURCHASE THEM…..USE THEM….REPEAT!
These papers are 12″ x 12″ and double sided. These papers have a great mix of soft subtle colors and bright bold colors!
These cards truly focus on the beauty of the paper–let it do the work! Add a little ribbon and a greeting–and BAM–QUICK & EASY card!
Let’s take a close up look at one of the cards so I can give you all the details to make this quick and easy card. They are all made the same way! I paired the DSP with the stamp set called BETTER TOGETHER. You will find it on page 51 of the 2017-2018 Stampin’ Up! catalog. It’s the perfect greeting set because it has both “inside” and “outside” words!
- Pear Pizzazz Card Base: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ (other cards use Pool Party & Soft Suede)
- DSP: 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Whisper White: 1 1/8″ x 5 1/2″ — length does not matter, as long as it is longer than where you are placing it, see picture below (adjust the width depending the greeting used)
- Pool Party: 1 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (adjust based on size of Whisper White)
- Whisper White: 5 1/4″ x 4″ (inside)
- Adhere DSP to card base
- Wrap ribbon around and tie into knot
- Stamp greeting in center of strip of Whisper White
- Adhere to colored cardstock
- Adhere greeting strip across bottom corner as shown
- Trim off the ends to card base
Finish off the inside with a scrap of DSP and the coordinating word stamp!
One thing I always struggle with is remembering (or matching) what colors coordinate with each of the papers. Here is a chart that I created that you can download and print–CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW TO DOWNLOAD. I have mine in a sheet protector and keep on my stamping desk.
Here are the products used on today’s cards. If you’d like to make these cards, simply click on any picture below to go to my online store. I would be honored to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator!
Make the most of July…..IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- FREE GRAB BAG with a $50 purchase in July–just use Host Code: 9AXWDUR3
- FREE CARD KIT with $50 purchase by July 10th. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
- CHRISTMAS IN JULY–get $197 worth of products for just $99 CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
- Brand new 2017-2018 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. If you don’t have one yet, CLICK HERE to request one.
- Bonus Days Coupons–$5 for every $50 spent in July
As always, if you have any questions, or if I can help you with anything, please let me know. If you are looking for a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I would be honored to be that person. I would love to send you a catalog, help you decide what you need, or teach you what you’d like to know.