Become a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator on the Klompen Stampers team and be part of our fun community of stampers who love to share, inspire others, learn new ideas, and gather for both in-person events as well as virtual events. We love to encourage each other, share new ideas, and help everyone enjoy card making! Join us for the fun, the discount, and the community!
What is a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator?
A Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator is someone who loves to make cards (and other paper crafting projects) and loves Stampin’ Up! Products.
They may have a desire to share their love of stamping with others, or simply enjoy being a demonstrator for all the many benefits. Anyone who purchases the “Demonstrator Starter Kit” is considered a “demonstrator.”
A demonstrator is an independent contractor with Stampin’ Up! As a demonstrator you can choose to pursue your demonstratorship as a business, or simply enjoy the personal benefits. You are referred to as a “demonstrator,” however, you do NOT have to DEMONSTRATE anything. Other direct sales companies use terms like consultant, ambassador, distributors, sales representatives, etc. Stampin’ Up! calls their Independent contractors DEMONSTRATORS.
When you become a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, you have the freedom to treat your demonstratorship however you want….. Whether it’s just for the great discount or to share your love of stamping with others – anything is possible, and it is totally up to you.
Who can become a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator?
Anyone in the United States can become a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator and join my team of demonstrators, called the Klompen Stampers. We love HOBBY STAMPERS as well as BUSINESS BUILDERS (and everyone in between). HOBBY STAMPER and BUSINESS BUILDER are not official demonstrator terms, but are used to describe those who join and what their intention is. Often, people will change over time as to how they treat their demonstratorship. There is no requirement to ever do any more than you want to! Never any pressure to sell or recruit!
Becoming a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator is completely flexible and personal….. YOU do what YOU want. As long as you meet the quarterly minimums, you can treat your demonstratorship however you want.
Generally, we like to think of demonstrators in one of these categories.
- Loves card making and paper crafting
- Enjoys a discount on all their purchases
- Opportunity to connect with our fun community of other crafters
- Loves access to card making tutorials, online stamping events and more
- Receives early access to new catalogs, new products, and more
- Loves learning new stamping and card making ideas
- Joins for the opportunity to share their love of stamping with others
- May hold classes, host workshops, do videos or more (online or in person)
- They want to sell Stampin’ Up! products to friends, family, & customers
- Shares the benefits of being a demonstrator with others to build a team
- They are interested in working a little bit to make a little extra cash, or may spend many hours a week sharing their love of card making with others – the choice is complete yours!
- We refer to a “Business Builder” as anyone who is doing more than purchasing for themselves
Everyone In Between
- Some join for the discount and place orders for their friends
- Many join for the personal benefits, but then decide to try holding a class or sharing online
Hobby Stamper and Business Builder are not really “in stone” terms, but help to show how flexible and personal becoming a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator can be. These titles are NOT actually assigned to you, we just use them when sharing information or opportunities to focus on different demonstrators who may be interested in what we are offering.
Stampin’ Up! treats all demonstrators the same, and so do we at the Klompen Stampers. We do not distinguish or label. Everyone who joins is a DEMONSTRATOR! And everyone has access to all the same benefits and resources. It is up to you as to what you take advantage of as a demonstrator.
How much money can I SAVE as a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator?
There are several ways to save money and get FREE PRODUCTS when you become a Stampin’ up! Demonstrator. This is one of the biggest reasons why people join.
The first SAVINGS you receive is when you order the Demonstrator Starter Kit.
- Select $125 in any current products – SAVINGS of $26
- FREE Shipping on the Kit – SAVINGS of approximately $14.50
- FREE Paper Pumpkin – SAVINGS of $22.50
- Cost of kit – JUST $99
Next, you will enjoy a 20% discount on all your purchases. Or, if you sell to others, you will receive a 20% commission. Depending on how much you buy/sell, you can increase this to 25%.
STAMPIN’ REWARDS – As a demonstrator, when you submit your own orders you also get to take advantage of Stampin’ Rewards from Stampin’ Up! These begin when your order reaches $150 in retail, even though you pay the discounted amount. It starts at 10% of the retail amount of the order and goes up to 16%. Another reward is if your order is $600 or more, you can select an item for ½ price.
ADDITIONAL FREE PRODUCTS – throughout the year, as a demonstrator there are also many different opportunities to earn credits towards free products of your choice.
How much money can I MAKE as a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator?
Above we talked about the savings you can receive when purchasing Stampin’ Up! products for yourself. Really, why pay full price when you can get the discounts and freebies?
As a Demonstrator, you also have the opportunity to sell products to others, hold classes & events, or create whatever kind of business you want. As you do this, you also have the opportunity to earn money.
How much you can earn completely depends on what you chose to do, how much time you put into it, and how hard you work.
Many “hobby stampers” love to do a little, maybe a monthly class, to simply earn enough to purchase all their own products. While others chose to work their business part-time or full-time.
Whatever you want to do, there is a place for you on the Klompen Stampers Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Team. We have 100’s of demonstrators ranging from HOBBY DEMONSTRATORS (just buying for themselves), to many doing a class a month, to those working full-time at their Stampin’ Up! Business.
And the best part….. We love and support them all. We love to provide tons of ideas, opportunities and team events for everyone. Hobby stampers as well as business builders.
The STAMPIN’ UP! COMPENSATION PLAN shows the different ways you can earn money as a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator from the company. Besides this, many demonstrators also can earn money from classes and events that they hold. The ideas are endless, as well as the possibilities.
Other benefits of being part of the Klompen Stampers
Gosh, there are so many I am not sure where to start! When you become a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator with the Klompen Stampers, here are some of the many benefits.
- Wonderful community of fun loving stampers! We have a private Facebook Group just for Klompen Stampers Demonstrators. Some of the things that happen in this group are:
- Card Making Challenges
- Card Swaps and Card Mailing Trees
- Lots of card idea sharing
- Place to connect, ask questions
- Learn new card making ideas and techniques
- Opportunities to win prizes
- Card making demonstrations
- Demonstrator Private Website – we also have a website that is filled with many different resources:
- Card Making Tutorials (most that I have available for sale on my regular website)
- Demonstrator “how to” step-by-step printable documents
- Video Training Library – stamping & business tips and ideas
- And more…
- Klompen Stampers Team Only Events
- Monthly Zooms
- Stamp & Share (zoom crafting time)
- Team Virtual Stamping Days
- Business Training
- Other fun events that everyone can participate in
- Quarterly Creativate Retreats
- Earn FREE registrations, or pay a discounted registration price
What does “Klompen Stampers mean?
I am often asked, “What does KLOMPEN STAMPERS mean?” or “Where did your team name come from?” Unless you live in Western Michigan, you probably have no clue! So, here is a brief explanation…..
As a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator you have the option to name your team of demonstrators. I become a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in 1995 and at the time, we lived in Holland, Michigan. (Now I am just a hop, skip and a jump away in Zeeland, Michigan)
Every year in Holland, there is a huge TULIP TIME FESTIVAL celebrating the Dutch heritage of the community. There are millions of tulips, parades, and KLOMPEN DANCERS. During the festival you would see them every where. Dressed in authentic costumes and dancing traditional dances. I loved to go watch them.
So, when it came time for me to name my demonstrator team, KLOMPEN STAMPERS seemed fitting! Here is a short video showing the Klompen Dancers during Tulip Time.
Who you join with matters!
I am often asked if it matters who you sign up with if you want to join Stampin’ Up! YES – absolutely. Your “upline”, who you join under, is important and the one who will help you, answer your questions, provide you training & support, and be there for you. Make sure that who you chose to join under is the right person for you and is able to provide for you what you are looking for.
Ask questions – interview them! Will they meet your needs and provide what you want from an upline. Not all uplines/teams are the same. And YES, it is OK to “interview” a potential upline and make sure they are right for you.
Why join with Jackie?
Glad you asked! To save you the time asking, here are a few of the things that I offer as your upline if you decide to join with me:
- 28 Years Experience as a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
- I love my team of Klompen Stampers Demonstrator, and work hard to help everyone, no matter what their needs or goals are
- I am very quick and responsive in answering questions, email and phone calls (yes, I do pride myself on this); you are important and I will always respond quickly
- I am part of a very small percentage of demonstrators who work my business full-time, so I am not only completely in touch with everything happening at Stampin’ Up!, but I am also experienced in almost every aspect of the business
- I provide lots of fun online/virtual events for both Hobby Stampers and Business Builders
- Monthly zoom meetings and Facebook Lives to keep you “in the know” about everything happening
- Weekly emails so you always are informed of everything happening, both at Stampin’ Up! and the Klompen Stampers
- I treat all demonstrators the same, never putting pressure on anyone to do anything they don’t want to do – it’s your business – whether you are a hobby stamper or a business builder, you are all a valuable part of our team
- If you are interested in doing Stampin’ Up! as a business, I am able to help you, guide you, train you, and offer you all the resources to learn and build the type of business you desire
- Open Door Policy – no question is silly or stupid, and I am always here to help you in any way that I can; all you have to do is reach out to me and ask!
- Other benefits listed above….
- What other questions do you have? JUST ASK!
MY STAMPIN’ UP! MOTTO: Everyone is Welcome to Join the Klompen Stampers
When you join the Klompen Stampers team, you are in good hands! Not only am I your Team Leader, but I also have both of my daughters working with me to provide you all the help and support that you need.
Both Jami and Jesi are my virtual assistants and between the 3 of us, we are here to help you, answer your questions, provide information and training, and lots more.
These girls were just 2 and 4 years old when I became a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. They grew up as “Stampin’ Up! Kids” and now, as adults, love to help and be a part of the Klompen Stampers.
Wonder what it is like to grow up as a STAMPIN’ UP! KID, here is a peak as to what it was like for them.
What is the commitment once you become a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator?
- To remain a demonstrator, you need to submit $300(US) before your discount, each quarter. This can be personal orders, or from others
- If you don’t meet this requirement, they give you 1 month to make it up
- And then, if you still don’t, they simply deactivate you as a demonstrator and you go back to being a regular customer; there is no penalty and you can always rejoin and come back anytime
- When you first join, depending on the month of the year, you may have up to 6 months to meet the minimum quarterly requirement for the first time
How to become a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
If you are still reading, I am thinking you might just be interested and want to become a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator with the Klompen Stampers Team.
Joining is simple….. first, pick out $125 worth of any current products. You can not go over the $125, so get as close as you can. What should you order? That is entirely up to you. What do you need? What do you want? Think of it as a $125 shopping spree and pick out the items you want and that go with what you already have.
If you are brand new to card making, check out my COMPLETE GUIDE TO GETTING STARTED. This should help you select great products to begin making cards.
Occasionally there might be an additional special, but usually it is $125. For this, you will pay just $99, plus get FREE shipping on the kit.
Once you have figured out what products you would like, simply ORDER THE STARTER KIT. I find it is easiest to enter each item using the order number, that is why I suggest figuring it all out before you begin.
As you begin to work through the different pages of ordering your kit, they will ask you for different pieces of information. Make sure that at the top of the screen you see my picture and my name. This will ensure that I will be your upline/team leader.
One of the pieces of information you may wonder about is why they will ask you for your Social Security Number. Since Stampin’ Up! is a direct sales company, and everyone who joins has the same opportunity to sell to others and make an income, they are required to have it for reporting purposes. They do not distinguish when you sign up whether you are doing so for just purchasing for yourself as a hobby demonstrator, (which is totally fine to do and most join for that reason) or if you plan to sell and make money which may need to be reported.
Everyone who joins is equal in the eyes of Stampin’ Up!, gets all the same benefits and opportunities – so they need to have it “in case” you decide to sell and make income.
Ready to join….. ORDER YOUR STARTER KIT HERE
I’ve joined, now what?
After you complete your order for your Demonstrator Starter Kit, you will receive a welcome email from Stampin’ Up! It will contain your Demonstrator ID number, as well as your password. You will use this to sign into the DEMONSTRATOR WEBSITE. This is a different website than the Stampin’ Up! Customer Website that you are probably familiar with.
You will first want to sign in and set up your demonstrator account. The site will prompt you and walk you through everything. Once you have done that, let the fun begin. You can now place orders using your demonstrator discount and access everything on the Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Website.
But wait…. there is so much….. It is so confusing!
One of my goals as an upline is to help you sort through all the mounds of information and learn the basics that every demonstrator needs to know. Whether you joined as a hobby demonstrator, or a business builder, everyone needs to know things like:
- How to place an order
- How to access all the awesome “demonstrator only” tutorials, information, resources
- How to connect into the team Facebook Group and Team Website
- And more….
Within a few days of joining, you will receive a welcome email from me that will help you figure out all the basics. And then, you will receive 5-6 additional emails in the next couple of weeks to help you. Each one talks about a few things to help you figure out and learn the basics. I don’t want you to miss out on any of the awesome benefits you will now be able to receive.
And you are never alone. You can call Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Services, or contact me, anytime for any help about anything. We are all here to help you in any way that we can.
I would love to have you join the Klompen Stampers and allow me the privilege of being your team leader. I love being a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator and I love to help others enjoy it too. If you have any questions, make sure to REACH OUT and ask.
I look forward to continuing to share card making ideas, projects and inspiration with you either as a part of the Klompen Stampers Demonstrator Team, or a valued follower or customer. YOU are the reason I love to create and share – so that you are inspired to also create and send cards to your family and friends.