Today I’m sharing heat embossing fundamentals that are easy to learn + A super cute card!
I have ventured out of my box and I had such a blast making these cards using the WE’LL WALRUS BE FRIENDS stamp set. This “flower gal” is getting pretty brave and I must admit, I am enjoying it! These guys are just so STINKIN’ CUTE! I might just have to admit that this is the most adorable stamp set in the catalog!
I decided today would be the perfect today to combine some techniques and show you some heat embossing fundamentals since I don’t always show you that process in each video and this card also uses some dry embossing, die cuts, and watercoloring. Loads of techniques for this fun card.
Heat Embossing Fundamentals
In the video today I will show you how I watercolored all of these images and also teach you embossing… how to HEAT EMBOSS that is. Heat embossing adds an extra special element to your card and it’s so easy. If you follow me, you will know I LOVE to emboss white on black for a dramatic greeting! Here’s today’s video filled with lots of tips!
Which card is your favorite? Let me know in the comments!
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
Besides showing you how easy watercoloring is, the video shows you step by step how to heat emboss. If this is not something you have done, maybe it’s time to pick up some embossing products and add this fun dimension to your cards. Here are the products I used for the heat embossing.
Heat Embossing Fundamentals Supplies:
You can also purchase embossing powders in different colors. Check out page 181 of the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog.
If you don’t have a catalog, and would like one, CLICK HERE to request one.
Back to the Heat Embossing Fundamentals & Cards
All 3 cards use the same basic products and card recipe:
- Card Base: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ (Balmy Blue or Pacific Point)
- Balmy Blue or Pacific Point Layer: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Watercolor Paper for the image, cut out with the Layering Squares Dies
- Scalloped Layer also cut with Layering Squares Dies
I made the insides just as cut as the outsides!
All 3 cards have the layer embossed with the High Seas 3D Embossing Folder
Make sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post to see all the products I used to make these. If you’d like to order any of them, you can just click on any of the small pictures to go directly to the online store and place your order.
I made myself stop stamping after making these 3 so I could move onto to something else to share with you on Wednesday. But I could have gone on and on with these cute little guys!
What Do You Think?
Are these cute or what??? I would love to hear what you think!
Do you have any questions about the cards today? Or, anything about Stampin’ Up!? Or just want to share something? Leave me a comment. I love to hear from my readers!
Don’t Miss Out…… (here’s the other important stuff!)
- Earn FREE Products From Jackie When You Shop in My Online Store. CLICK HERE for all the details.
- Stampin’ Rewards Host Code (August 1-15): DZGAPDFG
- Would you like a Stampin’ Up! Catalog? CLICK HERE to request one
- Don’t forget to use your BONUS DAYS COUPONS when you place your order
- BEST Deal on Stampin’ Up! Products–the Starter Kit! You Pick out $155 and pay only $99. CLICK HERE for all the details.
- Want to SEE and ORDER FROM the upcoming Holiday Catalog now???? Ask me how!
If you enjoyed today’s post, make sure to check out everything else I have to offer!
- Subscribe to my EMAIL NEWSLETTER & stay updated on all sales, specials & exclusive offers – CLICK HERE
- Don’t Miss Anything-Subscribe to my blog (get all posts in your email!) – CLICK HERE
- Tutorials For Sale – CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my YouTube
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Follow me on Facebook
Products I Used
Here are the main products that I used on today’s cards. If you would like to order anything, I truly appreciate you selecting me to order through. Your support is what helps me bring you my weekly stamping videos.