Mirror image stamping – Have you heard of it? Have you ever looked at a hand made card and wondered how’d they get that mirror image stamping to work? Years ago I tried it without a lot of success but today I figured it out. And it works beautifully!!!!
Today our project is quite simple but I want to teach you how to reverse an image, otherwise known as mirror image stamping. This bird stamp from FREE AS A BIRD stamp set normally just faces to the right, like the one I already colored. The one on the right (facing left) is the reversed, mirror image stamping.
Mirror Image Stamping: Tips for Easy & Successful Technique
All you need to do this technique is the SILICONE CRAFT SHEET. I know a lot of you who follow me have this already as it’s the perfect little tool when adhering detailed dies or vellum. But it has another purpose that I discovered today! Simply stamp the image you want to reverse directly on the craft sheet and then place your cardstock on top of it and rub! It will transfer the ink to the cardstock!
Mirror Image Stamping How To Video:
This is so simple to do, but hard to explain, so watch today’s video and see how easy! You’ll be delighted with the success you get with this card making technique!
If you are reading this blog post in your email, the video may not be showing up. Just click the picture below to go directly to YouTube to watch it!
Click the YouTube Button now to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out!
So, what do you think? If you don’t already have the SILICONE CRAFT MAT, make sure to add it to your next order. It’s one of those handy things that you just never know when you might want to use it.
Free as a Bird Notecards
The recipe for today’s cards is quite simple!
- 3 1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White Notecards & Envelopes. (I always have lots of these laying around because they are perfect for quick and easy cards.)
- Whisper White Layer: 3 1/4″ x 4 3/4″
Why the layer of Whisper White? When you color with Stampin’ Blends the color will bleed through the cardstock and that doesn’t look very nice on the inside of the card. So I simply added a layer to solve that problem.
Make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of the post to see all the supplies and colors of Stampin’ Blends that I used.
Cling Stamps & DIY Hack for Getting Your Stamps to Stick to Blocks
The video has one more fun tip that you don’t want to miss…..I show you how to get your stamps to stick better to your clear blocks! It’s worth the watch!
Tips for Coloring with Stampin’ Blends
- Make sure you stamp your image in Memento Black
- Whisper White cardstock works the best
- I almost always use in color combos–the light and the dark
- Keep it simple! You can get great results quick and easy
- Watch my video for coloring tips!
Don’t Forget to Pin These Ideas
If you like the ideas I am sharing today, make sure to PIN THEM to your Pinterest Board. You can hover over any image and you will get the Pinterest Symbol. That way, when you are ready to stamp and want to remember these ideas, you will be able to find them!
Do you have any questions? or, if you’d just like to share with me if you liked today’s project….please leave a comment. I love to hear from my readers!
Supplies Used on Today’s Cards
Below are the supplies I used to make today’s card. If you’d like to try the reverse image stamping, make sure to add the Silicone Craft Sheet to your next order. If you’d like to order any of these supplies (or anything else) you can click on any of the pictures below and go directly to the online store!
Don’t Miss Out……
- LAST DAY: FREE Online Stamping Class Still Available. CLICK HERE for all the details. HURRY–you only have until June 10th
- Earn FREE Products From Jackie When You Shop in My Online Store. CLICK HERE for all the details. (this is for all orders NOT for the Online Class)
- Stampin’ Rewards Host Code (June 1-15): EF6KCHMP
In a nutshell……2 different HOST CODES, depending on what you WANT FOR FREE FROM ME!
- if you want the free online class with your $50 order–use HOST CODE: E7977P9V
- if you want a REWARD POINT towards FREE PRODUCTS–use HOST CODE: EF6KCHMP
If you enjoyed today’s post, make sure to check out everything else I have to offer!
- Subscribe to my EMAIL NEWSLETTER & stay updated on all sales, specials & exclusive offers – CLICK HERE
- Don’t Miss Anything-Subscribe to my blog (get all posts in your email!) – CLICK HERE
- Tutorials For Sale – CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my YouTube
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Follow me on Facebook
Would You Like a Catalog?
If you don’t have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, I would love to send you a FREE copy of the NEW 2019-2020 Annual Catalog. I simply ask that you pay the priority postage (catalog is on me!). I have them in stock and ready to send to you. You can order from this catalog beginning June 4, 2019
Make sure your EMAIL and MAILING ADDRESS is correct when paying–this is where it will be shipped to and we can’t be responsible for catalogs that are shipped to incorrect addresses.
I Can only ship catalogs within the United States