Hello my friends! Today I’ve got a cardmaking technique: baby wipe as an inkpad; did you know you can do that?! This card technique is also fun for creating backgrounds for your handmade cards. I’ve got TWO ways to use this technique today.
Right now, as you read this I am in Orlando, Florida at the Stampin’ Up! Annual OnStage event. That’s just a fancy name for their annual convention!!! I have seen the new Occasions catalog that comes out in January and it’s FANTASTIC!!!
I had best intentions of getting a few new videos done before I left, but life got a bit busy and, well, it just did not happen as intended. So, I am sharing one of my favorite techniques that I posted in the past. If you have not yet tried stamping with baby wipes, this is something you have got to try. It’s so fun and you can mix and match any colors!!!! Give your greeting cards some pizzazz!
If you are new to my blog, this post is new to you…..if you have been following me for awhile I hope you enjoy seeing it again or maybe you have forgotten about it OR maybe you never knew about the second way I demonstrate in this video and now you are ready to review give it a try!!!
Here is a video showing 2 different ways to use BABY WIPES and Stampin’ Up! REINKERS.
If you are reading this in your email, the video might now show up, so just click below to go to YouTube and watch it. While there, make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss any of my videos!
Aren’t these leaves beautiful??? Who wouldn’t love to get handmade cards like this in the mail?? Are you wondering how to make a handmade birthday card unique?! Try this and change up the sentiment!! Or create this for your host/hostess for Thanksgiving.
Baby Wipe Technique Instructions
- Place baby wipe on non-absorbant surface. I just fold in half and put on my large clear stamping block.
- Select 3 different reinkers. For this card I used: Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry
- Place about 3 drops of each reinker on baby wipe.
- This becomes your stamp pad. When inking the stamp, you will want to tap it around a little bit to “blend” the colors. (see video)
- That’s it–just stamp and create! Look how gorgeous these colors are on the leaves!
- Check out the black “SPECKLES.” See the video to learn how I made them!
- Make sure to stamp the inside!
- Cajun Craze Card Base: 4 1/4″ x 11″
- Basic Black: 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″
- Whisper White: 3″ x 4 1/4″
- 1/4″ Copper Trim
NOW WHAT??? You have this nice “inky” Baby Wipe! Just pick it up and “swipe” it onto a piece of cardstock to make this fun background! Make sure to watch the video (scroll up in this post) to see how I did it! WARNING: YOU WILL GET INKY FINGERS!
Here are the supplies I used to make these cards. If you’d like to make them, just click on any of the pictures to go to my online store to place your order for the products you need. Don’t forget to use my REWARDS CODE when you order so you can earn free products from me!!!!
Don’t forget about the Stamps-in-the-Mail
Saturday is the deadline to get the FREE Card Kit and Tutorials…..CLICK HERE for all the details!
What do you think?
I would love to hear from you. Have you ever done this technique before? Or if you have any questions, just leave me a comment and I will get back to you just as soon as I can.
As always, if you have any questions or if I can help you in any way–just ask. I am a full time Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and my passion is truly helping you to learn to make quick and easy cards!!!
If you enjoyed today’s post, make sure to check out everything else I have to offer!
- Earn FREE PRODUCTS with my Stamping Rewards – CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER & get FREE PDF Tutorial & exclusive offers – CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my blog (get all posts in your email!) – CLICK HERE
- Tutorials For Sale – CLICK HERE
- Request Your 2018-2019 Annual Catalog or Holiday Catalog – CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my YouTube
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Follow me on Facebook
Would You Like a Stampin’ Up! Catalog?
If you don’t already have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator that you work with, I would love to earn your business and become YOUR demonstrator. If you do not yet have a Holiday Catalog (or current annual catalog,) just CLICK HERE to request one.
Jackie’s Stamping Rewards
If you are new to Klompen Stampers, and are looking for a demonstrator to place orders through–I would be honored to be that person. I promise to offer you great customer service and do whatever I can to help you. I also have a great rewards program where you can earn FREE products from me when you order through me. My program is all about YOU picking the FREE PRODUCTS that YOU want!!! Not sure what my rewards program is, just CLICK HERE for all the details.