The next 3 weeks are going to be all about Simple Card Making With Designer Series Paper–designing it with DSP (Designer Series Paper.). If you know me at all, you know that quick and easy cards, especially using DSP, is my passion. Let me show you how to make simple handmade cards with Stampin Up designer series paper!
There are so many gorgeous papers! Card making is super easy when you let the “paper do the work!” The Stampin’ Up! catalog is full of stunning designer series paper, and since they are on sale the entire month of July, I thought I would share a ton of projects with you in hopes that you will fall as in love with them as I am and take advantage of the Buy 3, Get 1 FREE Sale! My post today is Simple Card Making With Designer Series Paper: Design it with DSP – Tropical Escape.
Before I get into the details about this card, just want to remind you to SUBSCRIBE to my blog so that you don’t miss any of the fun projects I will be sharing with all of the different Designer Series Papers that are on sale this month! Just click below to subscribe. When you click it, you will go to the page where you can not only SUBSCRIBE to this blog, but also make sure to sign up for my email NEWSLETTER. That is how you find out about all of my specials plus I like to share tutorials and projects that I don’t post here on the blog! So make sure to do both things!
Learn Some Paper Cutting Tips in Today’s Video
Not only do I share tips for making these 2 cards, but I show you how easy it is to figure out the size to cut your cardstock for perfect layering.
If you are reading this in your mail, the VIDEO might not show up. Make sure to click button to go to YouTube to view it and then don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss my next video!
Designer Series Paper: Design it With DSP – Tropical Escape
Let’s take a close look at this designer series paper. It is a 6″ x 6″ pack that comes with 48 sheets, 4 each of 12 different designs. That means you actually get 24 different prints since they are double sided!
This paper only has 3 colors in it: Granny Apple Green, Blushing Bride and Shaded Spruce. Makes it really easy to create cards using these colors.
Let’s take a close look at the 2 cards I made using this paper.
- Blushing Bride: 4 1/4″ x 11″, score & fold at 5 1/2″
- Shaded Spruce: 3 3/8″ x 4 5/8″
- Tropical Escape DSP: 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″
- Scraps of Whisper White & Shaded Spruce
- Granny Apple Green 1/2″ Textured Weave Ribbon
- See bottom of post for complete list of all supplies used
- Whisper White: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP: 3/4″ x 5 1/4″
The greetings for this card (inside and outside) are from the Detailed With Love stamp set, found on page 39 of the 2018 Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog. LOVE LOVE LOVE this set!
Designer Series Paper: Design it With DSP – Tropical Escape Card #2
The Granny Apple Green with black is absolutely stunning. I am so happy how this card turned out. (yes, the Black & White stripe is also DSP in Tropical Escape package!)
- Granny Apple Green”. 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Basic Black: 3 3/8″ x 4 5/8″
- Tropical Escape DSP: 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ & 3/4″ x 4 1/2″ (you could cut the larger piece smaller and put them side by side, but I find it is easier to just layer the strip of DSP over the larger piece)
- Scrap of white
- Whisper White: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP: 3/4″ x 5 1/4″
The greetings for this card are from 2 different stamp sets. On the front, the “thank you” is from Accented Blooms on page 19, and on the inside, it’s from Friendly Conversation on page 117.
Best Embossing Folder EVER!
For real, this is the absolute best embossing folder ever!!! It’s called SUBTLE and it makes your cardstock look textured. I think this picture shows it a little better.
What Do You Think?
Do you like this paper? What about this embossing folder?I would love to hear your thoughts…..please leave a comment to let me know.
Remember–DSP is on sale this month!!! Buy 3, Get 1 FREE. CLICK on any of the pictures below to go to the online store and place an order!
If you enjoyed today’s post, make sure to check out everything happening in July!
- FREE Stamp Pads + More when you join in July – for more Info, CLICK HERE
- Buy 3 Designer Series Papers, Get 1 FREE – for more info, CLICK HERE
- Earn FREE PRODUCTS with my Stamping Rewards – CLICK HERE
- Stamps-in-the-Mail — FREE Card Kits & Tutorials – CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER & get FREE PDF Tutorial & exclusive offers – CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my blog (get all posts in your email!) – CLICK HERE
- Tutorials For Sale – CLICK HERE
- Request Your NEW 2018-2019 Catalog – CLICK HERE
- Shop for Stampin’ Up! Products – CLICK HERE (don’t forget Host Code Q9HEKEYD)
- Subscribe to my YouTube
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Follow me on Facebook
Products Used To Make Today’s Card
Here are the products I used on the cards today. You can click on any of the pictures to go to my online store and order what you need to make today’s project!