The International Design Team is back again and you have to check out these adorable card ideas with Animal Expedition.
I’m so excited that we picked the Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper (DSP) to feature in our Design it with Designer Series Paper Blog Hop. Each of us made a different project to share with you, so make sure to “hop around” and check out all the others.
There are links at the bottom of this post to all the other blogs! And please–leave a comment on each, we really do love to hear what you think about our card ideas and projects!
Check Out These Adorable Card Ideas
Here is my card project using the Animal Expedition paper. I combined the paper with the Animal Outing stamp set that coordinates with it to make this fun window card. I love how the animals are peaking out of the window.
But wait, check out the inside! What a fun baby card this would make!
How to Make a Window Card
I did not have time to make a video for this specific card, however here is one I did showing how to make a window card.
If you are reading this in your email, the video might not show up. Just click below to view it:
Back to Today’s Card Idea
- Crumb Cake: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″
- DSP for front: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Black scrap for scalloped frame: 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ (or so)
- Shimmery White scraps for animals
- Whisper White scrap for front banner
- Inside: Whisper White: 5″ x 8″, scored and folded at 4″
- Strip of DSP for inside: 1 1/2″ x 5″
- Linen Thread & Black Baker’s Twine
- All supplies used are shown at the very bottom of this post
- All animals were stamped on Shimmery White in Archival Black Ink (now retired, can also use Stazon)
- Watercolor animals using Aqua Painter and ink pads, then cut out with framelits
- Lay front DSP on top of front of card, but DO NOT adhere down and cut the square window opening through both layers at one time
- Adhere animals on top of the Crumb Cake, then adhere top DSP over them. This way, when you open the card you don’t see them “hanging over the edge”
- Adhere inside Kangaroo after the rest of the card is together so that you can match it up with the one peaking through the window
- Front banner greeting is from the ANOTHER WONDERFUL YEAR stamp set
I hope you like my project and that you HOP AROUND and visit all of my friends from around the world.
Here are all the links for the other blogs. Simply click on each name to check out their project. Each one will have another project for you using the Animal Expedition Paper. And then, if you live in the United States, and would like to order any of these products, just come back here and scroll down.
Don’t forget, DSP is on sale this month-buy 3 get 1 FREE! I have pictures below of everything I used and you can click on any of the pictures to go to my online store! THANK YOU so much for stopping by today. I look forward to sharing another DESIGN IT WITH DSP project with you in our next blog hop in August!
If you enjoyed today’s post, make sure to check out everything happening in July!
- FREE Stamp Pads + More when you join in July – for more Info, CLICK HERE
- Buy 3 Designer Series Papers, Get 1 FREE – for more info, CLICK HERE
- Earn FREE PRODUCTS with my Stamping Rewards – CLICK HERE
- Stamps-in-the-Mail — FREE Card Kits & Tutorials – CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my NEWSLETTER & get FREE PDF Tutorial & exclusive offers – CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to my blog (get all posts in your email!) – CLICK HERE
- Tutorials For Sale – CLICK HERE
- Request Your NEW 2018-2019 Catalog – CLICK HERE
- Shop for Stampin’ Up! Products – CLICK HERE (don’t forget Host Code Q9HEKEYD)
- Subscribe to my YouTube
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Follow me on Facebook
Here are the supplies that I used for today’s card ideas. If you’d like to order any of them, just click on any picture to go to my online store and place your order. Don’t forget about this months HOST CODE to earn STAMPING REWARDS CLICK HERE for Reward Program Details.