This very special card was made using the Flourishing Phrases stamp set. This is a stamp set that I had not used in awhile, but it worked perfectly for the card I was making! So often I tend to just look at a stamp set as a whole, but this time I was all about looking for the right words!
This card was super quick and easy once I found the greetings I wanted!
- Very Vanilla Card Base: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Basic Black: 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
- Wood Textures Designer Series Paper: 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Scraps: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
A Few Tips
- On scrap of Black, stamp “Marriage is a Journey” in VersaMark and emboss with white embossing powder. (If you don’t know how to heat emboss, let me know and I have a video I can share with you. It’s really easy with great results on your cards!)
- After embossing, punch out with 2″ Circle Punch
- Cut the small heart from Cherry Cobbler scrap using a Sweet & Sassy Framelit
- Stamp “good thing….” in Black on scrap of Very Vanilla and cut out using Bunch of Banners Framelit
- Use dimensionals under circle, heart and banner to make them really pop
Flourishing Phrases Stamp Set
This is what the stamp set looks like. There are also coordinating thinlits available. Even if you don’t use the “flower” and “flourish” in the stamp set, it’s a great greeting set!
Do you want to make this card?
Here are the supplies you will need to make today’s card. Click on any picture to shop online now.
So Why is This Card Special?
The past week has been a whirlwind….but I am finally home and getting back into the swing of things. If you follow my blog, you will know that I spent the last week in the Dominican Republic for my daughters “destination” wedding. OMG–that is the way to go! Easy peasy–they took care of everything!
Before the wedding I made a card for both the bride (my daughter) and the groom to give them then night before the wedding with a special letter inside. This is the card I made for the groom!
I am waiting to get the wedding pictures and will share as soon as I do!!!! So stay tuned!
If you don’t have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator that you work with and you need either the Annual Catalog or the Occasions Catalog, just click below to request them. I would love to be “YOUR” demonstrator and send them to you!
Is Your Wish List Over $100? If so, click pic below for details!