I had so much fun making this card for a VERY SPECIAL PERSON!!! Last week my daughter Jesi was proposed to and it was a total surprise to her! Little did she know that we were all in on the surprise! They were coming back to Michigan for a few days and he “popped the question” while at the beach! So I had this card all ready to give to her!
- Pool Party Card Base: 11″ x 4 1/4″
- Gold Foil: 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Silver Foil: scrap
- Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper: scrap
- Whisper White & Basic Black scraps
- It may look like a lot of pieces–but this was really simple once I figured it out.
- PAPER SAVING TIP: Using the 1 3/4″ Circle Punch, punch out of the center of the Gold Foil Layer (you won’t see this once layered!)
- Punch again, using the 2″ Circle Punch centering the first punched circle, to create the ring
- I typed the words on my computer, figured out the size and then printed on a piece of Whisper White cardstock. Then used the 2″ Circle Punch
- For the diamond I used 2 dies from the ECLECTIC LAYERS THINLITS. Begin with the “detailed” thinlit on a piece of Silver Foil. It will NOT cut it out–just cuts out the center
- Center the “open” die over what you just cut and cut again–now you have the detail of a diamond
- Cut another “open” die from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
- Now you just have a lot of “parts & pieces” to assemble!
- CONGRATS is also cut from Silver Glimmer Paper
- Emboss the Bermuda Bay layer with the Polka Dot Basics embossing folder
Here is the inside:
- LOVE is cut using the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits
- “Is in the Air” is from the Sunshine Sayings stamp set, embossed in White and cut out with the Bunch of Banners Framelit
Here are just a couple of my favorite pictures from the special day! I am so very very happy for these 2 very very special people!
Oh, and can’t forget SAGE WEENIE!
Thanks for letting me share a bit about our family’s special day! Now, back to the card!
Here are the products I used on these cards. If you need anything, simply click on any picture to place an order.
If you have any questions, or if I can help you in any way, I would love to hear from you! Also–if you love the projects, please leave me a comment! I love to hear what you like so that I can continue sharing similar type projects!
CLICK ON PICTURES FOR ALL THE DETAILS