Heartbreaking….yet encouraging! I did not know how to start this post, so these 2 words came to mind — HEARTBREAKING and ENCOURAGING. Everywhere I turn I hear of someone else who has cancer. Just this past week I learned of 2 incredible women who just found out they have breast cancer. What can I do?? Sometimes I just feel helpless. But what I can do is send cards and notes of encouragement.
This is a card I just designed that I think will be a standard card–I made several to keep on hand so I can quickly put in the mail to encourage people when they need it the most.
This card uses the stamp set called RIBBON OF COURAGE. I have already shared several cards with it, but this is one of my favorites because it was so easy–and truly could be made in any color!
- Powder Pink Card Base: 11″ x 4 1/4″
- Powder Pink: 4 ” x 5 1/4″
- Basic Black: 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″
- Whisper White: 2 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Whisper White Circle: 1 3/8″
- Melon Mambo Circle: 1 1/2″
- Inside: Whisper White: 4″ x 5 1/4″
Inside of card:
- Super easy! Just stamp ribbon in Melon Mambo (or other color) on Whisper White Layer
- Stamp “words” on white scrap and punch out with 1 3/8″ circle punch
- Emboss Powder Pink layer with Hexagons Dynamic Textured Folder
NOTE: Have you tried the “DYNAMIC” FOLDERS yet? They are called that because they have awesome deep texture. BUT…..when you use them, you will use ONLY one of the clear cutting plates, not 2 like you are used to. This is what your “sandwich” will look like:
- Adhere embossed piece of cardstock to card front, wrap Baker’s Twine around and tie into a bow
- Assemble as shown, using dimensionals under the Black layer and the Melon Mambo circle
- Inside: I used Powder Pink for the ribbon so it was lighter in color and make everything coordinate. It worked great to put the words over it in black.
Here are the products I used. If you’d like to order any of them to make this card, just click on any picture to go to the store. NOTE: I listed the RIBBON OF COURAGE bundle below because it’s a way to save 10% on both the stamp set and the coordinating framelits. I did not use the framelits on this card, but truly, you want them and I will lots of samples in the future using them.
June is a Fabulous Month…..IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- Brand new 2017-2018 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. If you don’t have one yet, CLICK HERE to request one.
- EXTRA $35 in Stampin’ Rewards with $350 order.
- BEST Way To Buy Products: Purchase the $99 Starter Kit and pick out $125 in products + FREE Shipping (contact me for details)
- 15 FREE TUTORIALS when you place an order this month and use this HOST CODE: NU6PWNSP
As always, if you have any questions, or if I can help you with anything, please let me know. If you are looking for a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I would be honored to be that person. I would love to send you a catalog, help you decide what you need, or teach you what you’d like to know.