Today’s technique is called TRIPLE STAMPING. Honestly, I don’t get this name, but it’s been around for a long time and people have called it that. I think it comes from having 3 layers, that you stamp all at once. It’s super easy and gives a dramatic look, especially when using bright colors.
And…..I LOVE MY DESIGN TEAM THAT I AM A PART OF to bring you this fun techniques each Thursday! Today’s cards were made by a special friend and member of that design team!!!
Let’s first look at her card:
Cut 3 layers or Whisper White or Very Vanilla Cardstock. On this card, the card base is actually the bottom layer, so when folded, it gives you the 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ size.
- 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″
- 4″ x 2 1/2″
Lightly adhere the 3 layers together, centering on each other. I use a small amount of Snail Adhesive–just enough to hold it. You want to be able to pull apart after stamping.
Stamp over the 3 layers. BOLD stamps work best for this. Make sure to have the images go over all 3 layers as shown. You will get the little “white” edges showing–but that is OK. It will get covered up later.
Randomly stamp all over the layers to completely cover it.
When done stamping, gently take the adhered layers apart and adhere together with colored cardstock.
COLORED CARDSTOCK SIZES:
- 5″ x 3 3/4″
- 4 1/4″ x 2 3/4″
Then finish card as desired.
- Whisper White: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″, 4″ x 2 1/2″, scrap for oval
- Island Indigo: 5″ x 3 3/4″, 4 1/4″ x 2 3/4″, scrap for oval
- White Organza Ribbon: 5 1/2″ — cut at angle on each end
Here is a fun color combination that was used on this card!
Want to make this card???? It’s fun, easy and bold. Just click on any of the product pictures below to go to the online store to order.
Here is another card using this same technique–however, this one should probably be called DOUBLE STAMPING! Rather than 3 layers of white, there are just 2, and then just one layer of the colored cardstock.
- Whisper White: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, 4″ x 2 1/2″
- Bermuda Bay: 4 1/4″ x 2 3/4″
Another fun color combination!
Want to make this card? If you don’t have everything you need, just click on a picture below to place an order.
May is a busy month…..IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- All retiring tools & accessories are only available while supplies last. Click HERE to view products (many on sale!)
- Retiring stamp sets available until May 22, then only available while supplies last. Click HERE to view all retiring stamps.
- Save 10% on these retiring bundles. Click HERE to view them.
- Make sure to reserve your copy of the new catalog HERE
- BEST Way To Buy Products: Purchase the $99 Starter Kit and pick out $125 in products + FREE Shipping. BONUS: Select new products in the upcoming catalog can be part of this kit! ASK ME FOR DETAILS!
- NEW PRODUCTS AVAILABLE–EASTERN PALACE BUNDLE–purchase and get lots of free gifts from me! Click below for details!
As always, if you have any questions, or if I can help you with anything, please let me know. If you are looking for a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I would be honored to be that person. I would love to send you a catalog, help you decide what you need, or teach you what you’d like to know.
COMING IN JUNE:
- New Catalog beings June 1st
- NEW VIP Customer Group–details coming later but I am super excited!
- New Stamps-in-the-Mail Club
- New Customer Rewards
- Stay tuned…..