Todays TECHNIQUES & TIPS features this ELEGANT MONOCHROMATIC card using the stamp set called BIRTHDAY BLOOMS. Monochromatic basically means using only one color (+ white or another neutral). For this card, I combined several different techniques:
- Embossing with White Powder
- Embossing with a Regular Colored Stampin’ Pad
Here is a video showing how to emboss the white rose and watercolor it, and also how to emboss using regular colored Stampin’ Pads–you can emboss with ANY COLOR!!!!
- Rub Embossing Buddy on cardstock
- Ink the rose stamp in Versamark and stamp onto cardstock
- Cover with White Embossing Powder and use heat tool to emboss
- Using AquaPainter and Powder Pink stampin’ pad, color in the flower. Let dry. I watercolored a second time to get it a little darker.
- Stamp “dots” using Powder Pink pad for a little extra dimension
- To emboss “dear friend,” ink stamp first in Versamark, then in Powder Pink (this will NOT hurt your pad)
- Stamp onto scrap and cover with Clear Embossing Powder, heat with heat tool (this will give you a “tone on tone” look that is embossed)
- Punch words out using 1 1/2″ circle punch
- Adhere to 1 3/4″ white punched circle, then to card
- Tie bow and adhere to card with a glue dot
- Stamp rose on the inside layer using Powder Pink ink
- Powder Pink Card Base: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Whisper White: 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Powder Pink: 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
- Powder Pink Circle: 1 1/2″
- Whisper White Circle: 1 3/4″
- Powder Pink 1/2″ Woven Ribbon
May is a busy month…..IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- All retiring tools & accessories are only available while supplies last. Click HERE to view products (many on sale!)
- Retiring stamp sets available until May 22, then only available while supplies last. Click HERE to view all retiring stamps.
- Save 10% on these retiring bundles. Click HERE to view them.
- Make sure to reserve your copy of the new catalog HERE
- BEST Way To Buy Products: Purchase the $99 Starter Kit and pick out $125 in products + FREE Shipping. BONUS: Select new products in the upcoming catalog can be part of this kit! ASK ME FOR DETAILS!
- FREE Gifts when you order an EASTERN PALACE BUNDLE from me! Click on picture below for all the details!
As always, if you have any questions, or if I can help you with anything, please let me know. If you are looking for a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I would be honored to be that person. I would love to send you a catalog, help you decide what you need, or teach you what you’d like to know.
COMING IN JUNE:
- New Catalog beings June 1st
- NEW VIP Customer Group–details coming later but I am super excited!