Do you ever have images you want side by side, but one in front of the other, but not on top of each other???? Masking is a simple technique to make 2 images appear next to each other, without stamping on top of each image–BOY, DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?? Hard to explain! But the pictures will explain!
We are talking about the card on the left. See how the one goose appears to be behind the other? It’s easy to do! These cards are actually from a past card kit, but it’s a perfect technique to share with you today!
Oh, and by the way….this is one of the stamp sets that are retiring soon! Wetlands has been a “GO TO SET” for masculine cards!!!!! Make sure to order before May 22nd if you want it! After that, it could be sold out anytime!
- Stamp the left goose first. This is the image that you want to appear closest to the front of the scene
- Stamp it again on a post-it-note and cut out with a scissors (make sure to have some of the “sticky” part on what you cut out)
- With the post-it-note, cover up the goose that you stamped
- Stamp the 2nd goose over the covered up one–to the right and up a little
- Keep the 1st goose covered and stamp the grass around the bottom (you should not have to cover up the 2nd goose, just be careful to not stamp over it
- That’s it–you now have 2 geese that look like one is behind the other
Since this was a card featured in a past card kit, I have a video that shows how to make this card, plus 4 others. (the card kits are no longer available, but you can learn several different techniques and card ideas in this video!) (if you are reading this post in your email, you will have to go to the blog post to see the video–it does not show up in email)
- Crumb Cake Card Base: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Crumb Cake: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Basic Black: 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Watercolor Paper: 3″ x 3″
- Old Olive: 1″ x 2 3/4″
- Smoky Slate: 3/4″ x 2 1/2″
Remember….this stamp will not be available after May 31, 2017. If you want it–make sure to order it!
A while back I shared this card also featuring MASKING. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE POST THAT ALSO HAS A VIDEO!!!!
May is a busy month…..IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- All retiring tools & accessories are only available while supplies last. Click HERE to view products (many on sale!)
- Retiring stamp sets available until May 22, then only available while supplies last. Click HERE to view all retiring stamps.
- Save 10% on these retiring bundles. Click HERE to view them.
- Make sure to reserve your copy of the new catalog HERE
- BEST Way To Buy Products: Purchase the $99 Starter Kit and pick out $125 in products + FREE Shipping. BONUS: Select new products in the upcoming catalog can be part of this kit! ASK ME FOR DETAILS!
As always, if you have any questions, or if I can help you with anything, please let me know. If you are looking for a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I would be honored to be that person. I would love to send you a catalog, help you decide what you need, or teach you what you’d like to know.
COMING IN JUNE:
- New Catalog beings June 1st
- NEW VIP Customer Group–details coming later but I am super excited!
- New Stamps-in-the-Mail Club
- New Customer Rewards
- Stay tuned…..