I use these words a lot — QUICK & EASY! But it truly is my style! Card making should be EASY! But easy does not mean BORING! I love cards that are clean, crisp and classy! I think this card fits that bill!
This card uses a technique that I shared a while back called PAPER PIECING. This stamp set is perfect for this technique!
- Thick Whisper White: 8 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Sweet Sugarplum DSP: 1″ x 5 1/2″
- Smoky Slate: 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Scrap of DSP for dress
- Scrap of Smoky Slate for hat
- Whisper White: for squares
I love these 2 colors together:
- Stamp image towards top right of card base in black
- Stamp same image on Designer Paper and cut out just the dress
- Adhere dress over originally stamped image on card front
- Stamp image on Smoky Slate (just need the hat) and cut out the hat
- Adhere hat to image on card front
- Stamp “words” on scrap of Whisper White and cut out using the Stitched Shapes Framelits (a favorite of mine)
- Cut out another square using the Layering Squares Framelits (did not what the stitching on this one)
- Adhere squares together with dimensionals
- Adhere DSP strip and Smoky Slate strip to card, then add the squares
- Add a couple enamel shapes for added interest
Here are the main products used on today’s project. Click on any picture to view online or to place an order. (if you are viewing this post in your email, these pictures do not show up–simply click on the title and it will take you to my blog to see them!) Are you looking for a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator? If so–I would be honored to be yours!